The Alienware application works to manage the games on Dell computers and boost the Gaming performance this process suddenly stops working when trying to access gaming mode by using the shortcut gaming key the below steps explained what to do if the Alienware command center not working.
The Alienware works only on gaming Dell laptops many users have reported their Alienware application not working on Dell laptops or not being able to access gaming this is might happening for several reasons such as outdated drivers, the Alienware application not installed, or accidentally uninstalled, the game mode option disabled in windows settings, etc.
This Article helps you and finding a resolution with an easy step-by-step guide on how to resolve the issue and how to prevent the issue in the feature.
Make sure Game mode enable in the Windows settings
This is most caused to stop the Alienware application from working when try accessing G mode by accessing the desired key so need to verify whether the G mode option is enabled or disabled.
To do so navigate the option
- Navigate the settings by pressing the Windows +I key.
- Click on the gaming option.
- In the left menu, you can click on game mode.
4. Make sure that you should enable the game mode option.
4. You must restart the system once enabled the option so you can check whether the game mode working or not.
Run Support assist scan
All Dell system has pre-installed Dell support assist powerful application which helps you to scan the system and predict the issue, find the new drivers, and more.
To run support assist scan:
- Type Dell Support assist in the search bar.
- Open the Dell support assist application from the list.
3. Run all one by one to optimize the system performance make sure you must connect the charger during the scan and updates.
4. If you see new updates under the drivers update click on the update to download and install the drivers.
5. You can restart your system once drivers are installed on your computer and check whether the issue is resolved or still persists.
Update Windows with the latest version
An outdated Windows version can cause them to stop working game mode or Alienware not working issue so verify whether your computer runs the latest Windows version or not.
- Go to Windows settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates and also check for optional updates if available.
- If your computer finds new Windows updates proceed to download and install the Windows updates.
- Make sure that you won’t interrupt while installing the updates otherwise, your computer lead to a crash the Windows.
Restart the Alienware services
Sometimes causing services to stop working in a game mode need to verify whether services are stopped or disabled
1. Press the Windows + R key to open the RUN command and type “services.msc” and press enter to open the services.
2. In the list Search Alienware services and select and right-click go to properties check whether the startup type is Automatic or disabled if already mark Automatic then simply look at the service status click on stop and click on Start the services.
3. Once these procedures are done close all windows and restart your computer and check whether G mode working or not.
Perform a clean boot
Sometimes users have experienced when conflicts with the application in such scenarios and need to perform a clean boot process.
A clean boot process helps to isolate the issue so need to hide all applications and check whether G mode working or not.
1. Type msconfig and hit enter.
2. Navigate the services tab.
3. Tick mark on the Hide all Microsoft services.
4. Go to the task manager and click on the startup tab and enable the Alienware application in the list and restart your system and check whether G mode working or not.
Note: If still not working you can revert to the Clean boot process and follow the Next step process.
Uninstall and reinstall the Alienware application
After performing several steps issue still persists and getting frustrated with the system when G mode not working in that situation be cool no worries uninstall and reinstall the Alienware application will resolve your issues.
To uninstall the Alienware application:
- Go to the control panel by typing the search bar.
- Click on uninstall programs.
3. In the list you find the Alienware application and select and right click and click on uninstall.
4. Again go to run command by pressing Windows + R key and type %appdata% hit enter.
5. Delete the Alienware folder you ignore if not available and repeat the same step 4 and type %program data%.
6. Similarly go to the C drive and find the Alienware folder and delete the related Alienware folder.
%userprofile%\documents delete any Alienware containing a folder.
7. Open the Run command and type regedit and hit enter.
8. Find the root folder Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE/Alienware.
9. Under Alienware follow the delete folder
- Alienware AlienFX
- Command Center
10. Again Navigate Computer\Hkey_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alienware.
Delete following folders
- Alienware AlienFX
- Command Center
Before reinstalling the application you should restart your system and install the Alienware application from the Dell website and you can check whether your issue is resolved or not.
To Install the Alienware application:
It is an easy process to install the application from the Dell support site
1. Go to the Dell website and enter the service tag
2. Navigate the Drivers & downloads drop down the cursor and click on Find drivers
3. You will see categories so select the type of operating system in the category and select the application
4. Download the application and install the application by following the onscreen instructions.
Restore or Reset the system
This is the last final step if all steps did not help you to resolve the G mode issue you can carry out these steps to restore or reset the PC it may resolve you permanently.
To restore the system:
- Type system restores in the search bar alternatively you can directly open the system restore open Run and type rstrui and hit enter.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to restore the latest restore point.
If the Restore point is not available or not set to the restore point earlier you can reset the PC without data being wiped out.