If you purchased a new system with an upgraded one and want to transfer the data from the old system to the new system and want to transfer everything then you should not worry about this, in this article you will know about how to transfer the data from the old system to the new system.
There are various methods to that you want to transfer the data from the old system to the new system.
- Microsoft One Drive
- Data transfer cable
- Using an External Hard drive
- Nearby sharing
Let’s explain step by step how to transfer the data
1. Transfer the data from Microsoft One drive
You can transfer the data from the old system to the new system through cloud storage Microsoft One Drive if you have a Microsoft Account, and you can create a Microsoft Account if you have no Microsoft Account.
Microsoft One Drive gives free cloud storage of up to 5GB if you have a Microsoft Account so you can also upgrade the storage plan if you really like cloud storage we recommended to use Microsoft One Drive for establishing a secure connection.
You must sign in to your Microsoft One Drive account to secure the data transfer from the old system to the new system once log in successfully you can choose you would move the files so simply upload the files and folders that you need.
Once uploaded successfully you can sign in to One Drive with the same user credentials on your new system and download the files that you uploaded. it is one of the most secure connections to transfer data or a safe place to protect the data.
2. Data transfer cable
There is another method to transfer the data through the transfer cable you need a male connector USB-A 3.0
version, which is available in online & offline stores at the lowest prices.
It is easy to move the transfer from PC to PC once you plugged in.
3. Transfer the data using an External hard drive or USB Pen drive.
You can move the files and folders or personnel files with the help of the external storage or USB device you can simply connect the external drive and move the files and folders that you would need.
make sure that you should scan the external storage to avoid a virus attack. it will take time to move the data depending on the amount of data transferred because it is a completely manual process.
4. Data Transfer using Nearby Sharing.
Nearby sharing new feature enabled in Windows 10 and Windows 11 instead of using Homegroup, the Homegroup has been removed from Windows 10 ie ver 1803.
The nearby sharing feature enabled you can share the files and printer and required you to turn on Bluetooth and wifi on your system.
To make sure that your system has the latest windows with up to date, to enable Nearby Sharing you can follow the below steps.
- Go to setting by pressing the Window + I key or press the Windows key button and click on the gear icon settings
- Click on settings> Click on Shared Experiences>Turn on under Nearby Sharing and select Every one Nearby.
- You can start the file sharing between the two systems.
4. Now open file explorer and Drive then select the file that you want to share and right-click then click on Share from the list.
If you are a Dell user then you can follow the below guides below explained step by step how to transfer the data using the Dell support assists application almost all Dell system has inbuilt Dell support assists application if not available then you can download and install the Dell support assists application from the Dell support site.
Dell migration is most useful for Dell lovers who are upgraded from an old system to a new Dell system,
In this article, you may learn how to transfer data from an old system to a new system.
You should follow a few important things before you start the Dell migration from the old system to the new system.
- For data migration, your old system has Windows 7 or a later version of Windows.
- You cannot transfer the applications where you should install them separately.
- You should connect to the same internet for both systems with the trusted network.
- You Must sign in administrator in both old and new systems.
- Before you start the data transfer all applications must be closed including settings.
- Make sure that your both laptops have a minimum battery level, recommended to connect the charger.
Let’s start the Dell Migrate using the Dell Support Assist application by following the simple steps.
- Open the Dell support assist application on your new Dell system.
- Once opened the Dell support assist application you’ll see “Would you like to start Dell Migrate” You should click on Yes.
- If you successfully move to the next page then you will see the “welcome page” and then click on Let’s get started.
- It starts the validation for both systems and connects the trusted network for both old and new systems.
- once the system is connected trusted network then you will see support assistance looking for an old PC while searching for an old PC then you should download and install the Dell data assistant from the Dell site.
- If you installed Dell data assistant on your old system then run the Dell data assistant and follow the appropriate instructions.
- You should connect to the trusted network and move to the next page and click on Let’s Get Started.
- Once detected new PC is it starts creating a validation code.
- You should enter the validation code on your new system to establish a secure connection.
- If you see successfully paired on your new system then start the Dell data migration.
- You can select the custom settings in which you would transfer the data from the old system to the new system.
To avoid data loss or crashing during the progress don’t turn off your computer and make sure both laptops should
connect to the power adapter.