Dell computer users may report that facing an issue with the Dell support assist application that is not working, not responding, or keep loading support assist says to restart the system and try again but still,
The same issue even restart the system and start frustrated with the laptop.
worry not in this article you should learn how to run the support assist application or how to resolve the issue by following simple steps all things should take only a few minutes to resolve the Dell support assist issue
Restarting the Dell Support assist services
Restarting the Dell support assist services always resolves your issue to restart the services you can go through the below step-by-step process.
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows key + R key on your keyboard.
- Type services.msc and press enter to open the services.
- You have to search in the list and restart the services, select Dell support services, and right-click then click on restart.
Note: if the restart option is greyed out services may be disabled.
4. To enable the double-click or open the Dell support assist services once opened look at the start-up type there should be select “Automatic“
5. Also look at Dell components or Client management and restart the services and click ok and close the services window and restart the system.
6. Once the system restarted then you may check whether the Dell support assist working or not.
7. Make sure your system has an internet connection why because the internet required to run the Dell support assist application
Outdated Windows is one of the main serious issues to stop working Dell support assist application makes sure that your computer has the latest Windows update
- Go to settings by pressing the Windows key + I key
- Click on Update & Security from the setting page
- Click on Check for updates
If updates are available you just click on download and install the Windows latest and do not close or disconnect the internet while downloading or installing the updated components.
Once downloaded restart the system to install the downloaded components after installing it is a great idea to restart the system and check whether Dell support assists the application is working or not.
Scan malware or virus;
The virus infecting your computer is the one reason to stop applications from responding so I recommend you to run the full scan if you installed an antivirus application.
Windows Defender also scan virus and malware you may also scan using Windows Defender
To open Windows Defender
- Open the system settings by pressing the Windows+I key.
- Open update & Security
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Open Windows Security.
5. After opening Windows Security>Click on Virus & threat protection
6. Click on scan options
7. You can see the list of scan
8. Select Full scan
It will take some time to finish the process so please be patience after the scan is completed you may restart the system and check if Dell supports assists application works or not.
Install dot net framework
There is a reason to stop working or not loading the Dell support assists application if the dot net framework is not installed on your computer.
dot net framework is required to run the support assist application make sure that you can download and install the dot net framework (.Net framework) from Google so you can download and install dot net framework with the latest version 5.0 or later.
After downloading the extension file simply you can click on the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions and click on yes if the user Account control pops up.
After installing and restarting the system is a must so restart the system and check whether Dell support assist working or not if still, the problem continues even after installing the dot net framework you may uninstall and reinstall the Dell support assist application.
Reinstall the Dell support assist application
To uninstall the Dell support assist application
- Go to the control panel.
- Once opened control panel click on the uninstall a program
3. Find the Dell support assist application in the installed list and select and uninstall.
4. System restart is required before installing the Dell support assist application.
Once the system restarted you can download and install the latest version of the Dell support assist application from Dell support.
If successfully installed the system you should restart the system and try opening the Dell support assist application and check whether it works to not if still you again face the same issue even after reinstalling the support assist application there is a last option to go for system restore, reinstall the Windows.
This article explained about Dell support assists an application with the easy steps I hope this helps you a lot to fix the Dell support assist issue if you need any further suggestions you can drop a message in the comment box.