The computer works slowly due to many reasons and running too many programs behind the operations this is a big impact on the performance and get more frustration again and again if the system gets slow or freezes or system stuck or hangs even system not responding if you move the cursor or use the keyboard here you get to know about the causes and solutions with a full guide on how to improving the system’s performance.
- System running outdated drivers
- Windows not updating or Windows corrupt
- Too many programs running
- Insufficient memory (RAM)
- Malware infection
- Hardware issue
Follow the few steps below so it helps to improve the system performance and optimize the system by following the simple steps.
Make sure all drivers are up to date.
- Outdated drivers are one of the most reasons to slow down your system so update the drivers from your system manufacturer’s support site.
- Make sure the BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date
- The slow system causes due to outdated windows or corruption of windows.
- Click>Start>Update & Security> Check for updates
- If Windows is already up to date then run repair the windows by using the SFC scan
- In the search bar type CMD (Command prompt) and open “Run as Administrator”
- Type “SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter.
Disable Unwanted program files
Too many running applications that cause to slow down the system so go and disable the unnecessary program files here are steps on how to disable the program files.
- Right Click on the start and select task manager.
- Click on the start-up tab.
- Select each application and click on disable.
- Disable all applications except audio services.
Check Memory utilization
In the system had 4GB RAM then we suggest you upgrade the RAM, most often the system came with 4 GB RAM but the 4 GB RAM encounters the system performance if you notice memory utilization of more than 60%-70% It is the best idea to extend the RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB RAM at least for better performance on your computer.
System performance may improve if you can reset the PC or reinstall the Windows but this is not permanent again you will have to face the same issue for the permanent issue to be resolved or for better performance.
Scan your system with an antivirus application
Malware can affect the system performance so we suggest you scan the malware with full scan mode and restart the system then check if found any viruses during the scan immediately them permanently.
if Preinstalled antivirus application is not available then you can use windows defender which provides basic protection against viruses.
Run Hardware scan
- Run the hardware scan and check if any hardware failure.
- If found any hardware failure kindly contact your system manufacturer’s warranty support or take the laptop to the service center.3
How to Create Virtual Memory
Virtual memory is a common base used in system operating systems the uses of virtual memory both hardware and software should enable the system to compensate for physical memory (RAM), it is usually transferring the data to disk storage from RAM (Random Access Memory)
To create virtual memory
- In Desktop select my PC and right click then go to properties
2. Click on the Advanced tab and click on settings
3. Then should again click advanced and click on create or change
4. Add space as your requirement if you need 4GB RAM you can enter 4096 in the custom size and click on set.
5. Apply ok
6. Restart your system.
After the system restarts you can check whether the system performance has improved or not if again the same issue is better you go to the next step.
Restore the system
if no hardware error is found during the scan and the issue persists even after performing the above steps then it could be the operating system so you may try system restore or reset the windows without losing the data.