You should connect the internet usage of the USB cable to some other computer, tablet, or phone. this article explains step by step how to connect to the internet from a phone to a laptop using a USB cable.
users can connect to the internet by USB cable when they are facing the wireless issue
How to set up the internet using a USB cable on Windows 10
- Connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable.
Note: These steps are applicable to Windows 11
2. Go to your phone settings and go to network & internet> Hotspot Tethering (Android) or Personnel Hotspot (iPhone).
3. Turn on USB tethering or Personal Hotspot.
4. You can now access the internet through your phone.
If you can’t still connect to the internet through a USB cable, follow the troubleshooting steps below for further assistance here.
You can fix the issue by a simple method.
How to troubleshoot the USB tethering
- Check with an alternate USB cable with a good known one.
- Update the Network drivers
- Go to Device Manager by searching from the search bar.
- Click view tab >Show Hidden device.
- Expand the Network Adapters.
- Right-click on the Realtek driver and click on Update Driver.
- Select Search routinely for up-to-date driver software.
- Once updated you should restart the system and check if you are able to connect to the internet using USB cable
- if you are experiencing wireless connecting you can use this article.