Your laptop is not charging when plugged into the AC adapter this typically issue occurred most laptops after usage once a year and sometimes less than a few months there are several causes to stop working charger due to short-circuit, loose connection, pin or charging port worn out & incorrect wattage, etc. follow few steps on how to fix them when AC adapter connecting but not charging.
To a tech survey, so many users have experienced an issue with the charger like the AC adapter plugged in but not charging getting frustration with the laptop when suddenly stops working while using the laptop for doing important personal work.
This Article helps you determine actually what causes them to stop charging when the charger connects but the battery indication typically marks but not increasing the percentage here are a few troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue or find the root cause so that you can decide the what steps further need to take if issue with the hardware.
Verify the Outlet power
It is a major concern to confirm whether the power supply is properly or not it might loose connection between the plug and wall socket so verify required.
Remove the charger from the wall socket and connect it to another working socket to verify the power wall socket and would recommend don’t use the power extension box connect to the direct outlet box.
Check the AC adapter LED status
The AC adapter suddenly stopped working or not charging, connecting the charger but the battery percentage not increasing so we need to verify the AC adapter LED status, charging pot LED status, cable broken, pin bent or other damages, etc.
In this scenario check with an alternate adapter or connect the charger to another laptop to verify the functionality of the charger and make sure that you should use the original charge which shipped with the system.
Reset the AC adapter
A loose connection can cause to stop working the charger or the battery percentage not increasing in order to resolve the issue need reset the AC adapter and check hope the battery starts charging after carry out to reset the charger.
To reset the AC adapter
- Remove the charger from the laptop as well as from the outlet and wait for 10-15 seconds.
- Plug out the cable from the AC adapter and wait for 10 seconds.
- Again connect the power cable properly then connect the charger and check whether the AC adapter working or not.
Try Another AC adapter
it is necessary to check with an alternate adapter if available so it is proven whether the issue is with the AC adapter or battery so you can find to isolate the issue at the preliminary stage.
If the laptop charging with an alternate AC adapter then it clearly indicates the issue with the charger so replace the AC adapter contact brand support for replacement of the charger if it is still under warranty.
Reinstall the Battery Driver
Plugged in but not charging and no hardware error or no battery error was found actually the issue occurred due to a battery driver issue sometimes so to fix the issue need to reinstall the battery driver.
- Go to device manager by right click on the start button and click on device manager to open.
- Double-click on the Batteries.
- Select Microsoft ACPI-Complaint Control Method Battery and right-click and click on uninstall device to uninstall the battery driver.
4. You should restart your system so Windows might reinstall the battery driver automatically
If Windows auto installed not happened no worries you can install it manually by simply clicking on scan for hardware changes by doing this just open again device manager then look at the Action tab and click on Scan for Hardware Changes.
5. To update the Device driver Double-click on Batteries Select again Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery and right-click and click on Update driver and select Search automatically option.
Go through the official website and download and install the latest drivers on your computer to run smooth operations.
BIOS is the ( Basic input and output system) main program in the computer that helps to communicate between hardware and the operating system (OS). if BIOS is outdated you might face so many bugs in the computer that we strongly recommended to update the BIOS it resolves many issues automatically.
A good habit is to make the system up to date to run the computer smoothly operation and with stability and avoid the cost of repair unnecessarily.
Check the Charger status
You should check the status of the charger in BIOS settings because you have tried all steps but the issue is not resolved so as a tech I recommend you check the charger status in BIOS so it devices whether the issue is with the charger or battery.
To Acess the BIOS Settings
- Restart your system.
- Press the F2 or Del key several times at the logo to access the BIOS settings
- You should connect the charger to the laptop and check the status of the charger
- You can check the status of the charger in the BIOS setting whether installed or not.
If within the BIOS AC adapter charger may not detect or no charger install you should contact the local repair center to replace the charger you can claim the warranty if your system is under warranty with no potential damages.