When you open the Microsoft store, an error code of 0*80131500 may appear. This could happen for a variety of reasons, causing the Microsoft store to cease functioning.
By following a few easy steps, you can return to working conditions in the Microsoft Store.
Note: Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 users can follow the below guidelines.
keep your Microsoft identity signed in. The Microsoft Store could not work. Windows that have been damaged or have aged. Both the hour and place are off. The time in Microsoft Store does not update.
Here are a few methods for fixing Microsoft. not operating.
1. Sign out and Sign again back into the Microsoft Store.
2. In the search box, enter Microsoft Store. Click the profile icon choice found at the top-right corner of the screen. Toggle the symbol.
- Leave your Microsoft identity signed in. The Microsoft Store was down. Windows that have been damaged or have aged. Both the hour and place are off.
- The time in Microsoft Store does not update.
Here few steps on How to fix Microsoft Not working.
1. Sign out and back into the Microsoft Store
- Type Microsoft Store in the search bar.
- Click on the profile icon option available at the top of the corner.
- Click on sign out and close the Microsoft store then restart your system and go to the Microsoft store again and try logging in to your profile and check.
2. Reset the Microsoft Store app
- Type CMD in the search bar and open “Run as Administrator”. click on yes if UAC prompt.
2. Type wsreset.exe then hit enter, now black command prompt window will open, and after a few seconds windows will close and the Microsoft store will open automatically.
3. Make sure Windows have the latest update one
- Go to start.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on check for updates.
4. sync the system time & date with the time zone
- Go to settings>Time & Language>click three dots> sync now.
5. Need Relaunch the Microsoft store
- By hitting the Windows + I key, go to settings.
2. Select Installed Apps under Apps.
3. Navigate the three dots in the Microsoft Store program list and select the advanced options.
4. Select “terminate.”
5. Press the Windows + R buttons together to launch the Run command.
6. In the start box, type ms-windows-store and press Enter.
Microsoft will set automatically check if starts working or not.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Store app
- you can uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Store via PowerShell only.
- Go to the search bar and type Powershell then open the PowerShell by Administrator.
- Now enter the below command and hit enter.
4. Reboot Required after successfully executed.
if the above steps are successfully not completed or still persist then go to the steps below and perform system repair using these powerful commands.
7. Run DISM & SFC commands in the command prompt.
- Type CMD in the search bar and open Run as Administrator.
- Type the below command and hit enter one by one.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
3. Once done with the above comm then type sfc /scannow (make space between sfc and/scan now)
4. Exit the command prompt (CMD) then restart the system and try opening the Microsoft store.
8. Restore the Windows or Reset the Windows.
if the issue is still present even following the above suggestions, the might possible with the Windows files missing or got corrupted the best and final solution for resolving the error of the Microsoft Store is to go for restore the system or reinstall the Windows without loss of personal data.