Many users have reported the taskbar not working or not showing and suddenly disappearing when they click on the Windows icon. in this post, you learn how to fix the taskbar disappeared issue by following simple and easy steps in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
What causes to disappear the taskbar
Taskbar stopped working on your Windows 11 due to various reasons such as File Explorer crashing or some issue with the File Explorer, taskbar automatically hiding or disappearing, and incorrect display setting on your computer Windows 11.
Taskbar is one of the main essential parts of Windows such as the start menu, search bar, Cartona, system tray, receiving notifications, and much more.
Let’s follow the step-by-step guide on how to fix the taskbar issue on your computer Windows 11
Turn off the Taskbar Auto-hide
Hiding the taskbar can cause it to disappear taskbar when moving the cursor make sure that you may not set it to automatically hide the taskbar to verify the same you can follow the steps below on how to check the taskbar settings
- Press the Windows key + R key to open the RUN command.
- Type the control panel and then hit enter.
- In the control panel >click on Appearance and Personalization> Click on taskbar navigation.
Alternatively, you can open the taskbar setting from the settings options
- Press the Windows key + I key to open the settings.
- Click on Personalization> Select the taskbar from the left pane.
- Once opened the taskbar you can check the Auto-hide option whether enabled or disabled if enabled the option you can disable it.
- Restart the system once customize the taskbar settings.
I hope your taskbar issue is resolved if still there is an issue with the taskbar follow the next steps
Restart the File Explorer
There could be an issue with the File Explorer that can cause the taskbar not working so you may restart the File Explorer can resolve the taskbar disappearance issue.
- Open the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc or Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Click on the Processes tab, and find Windows Explorer from the list of services.
- Select Windows Explorer and right click then click on Restart.
Similarly, you can also create a new task by simply clicking on the file in the taskbar and then selecting Run new task
Type explorer.exe to create a new task Window, and click ok so that Windows Explorer restarts.
After this process, you could restart your system and check whether the taskbar issue is resolved or not.
Disable Tablet mode
Tablet mode can cause you to stop showing the taskbar on your computer Windows if you have enabled make sure that you must disable the tablet mode when you are not using it (applying 2N1 laptops) some users unnecessarily turn on the tablet mode even system not compatible. follow the steps to disable the tablet mode if you have enabled
- Go to settings by pressing the Windows key + I key.
- Click on System>Click on tablet mode from the left pane and make sure this option not turning on if turned on you can disable the option and then restart your computer.
Update video drivers
Incompatibility video drivers or corrupted drivers may cause the taskbar to disappear or stop responding or flickering taskbar on your computer to check the drivers update you may follow the steps below on how to update the drivers from the device manager.
- Open the device manager by pressing the Windows key + R key and typing “devmgmt,msc” then pressing enter key.
- Go to the View tab and you should select “Show Hidden Device“
- Now navigate to the Display adapter and double-click on the Display adapter.
4. Restart is required to apply the effect.
Change the Display settings
You should never change the screen resolution because they already set it as the default for better performance if change the screen resolution then graphics starts malfunctioning like the taskbar flickering, disappearing, or display flickering sometimes while using the computer.
Incorrect display setting configuration might disappear the taskbar only higher resolution support for higher monitor or high-end graphics computers when you are trying to change to a higher resolution which is beyond the default configuration for the best viewing experience you may set it to minimum resolution for better screen display.
Follow the below setting whether correctly configured or not
- Right-click on the empty area of the Desktop and click on display settings.
2. Alternatively, you can open the display setting by pressing the Windows + I key.
3. Click on the system then click on display from the left menu.
SFC scan to repair the Windows files
Sometimes Windows crashed or corrupts the Windows files may cause the taskbar to disappear you can repair the Windows files on your computer using the powerful SFC tool which helps you to fix the issue with the taskbar as well as other issues.
To run the SFC scan
- Type “CMD” in the search bar and click on Run as administrator to open the CMD, Click on Yes in the User Account Control pop-up.
- Next in the CMD you can copy and paste “sfc /scannow” and press enter to start the repair of the Windows files on your computer.
3. Once finished you may receive one of the below messages
- Windows resources protection did not find any error.
- Windows resources protection found corrupt files and repaired them successfully
- Windows resources protection cannot perform the request operation.
If the corrupt files are successfully repaired then you go and restart your system and check whether the taskbar issue is resolved or not.
If the issue still persists even after following several steps to fix the taskbar issue on your computer Windows you can perform a system restore, system reset or reinstall the Windows on your computer.
This article helps you to fix the taskbar issue on your computer Windows 10/11 and explained the process step by step on how to fix the taskbar issue, you can Please let us know if you have any other concerns or if any support you need further can contact us through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.